May (Whitsun half term) Camps 2017 are 27th-29th May for 8-11s and 31st May - 3rd June 2017 for 11-16s
Main camp had 57 campers & mini-camp had 77. Mike Parsons gave us lessons from the book of Daniel on mini-camp and Joe Percy spoke on parables of Jesus during main camp. The camps are held at the Hollands family farm and are run in conjunction with our church at Hambro Road, Streatham, and the Association of Grace Baptist churches (South East).
2016 was our 23rd year.
The mini-camp runs from Saturday 27th - Monday 29th May, for 8-11 year olds, followed by the main camp from Wednesday 31st May - Sat. 3rd June 2017 for 11-16 year olds.
Anyone older than 16 can come on the GBM Youth Camp. Click on that tab for more details.
If you have anyone who is a member of your church who could be encouraged to come as a helper for either or both camps (especially the 2nd camp) then please ask us for a staff application form (or download one below). It is useful for follow-up work to have someone who was there, and also particularly if you are sending any young or first time campers on the mini-camp, they may find it easier to cope if there is a familiar face nearby.
- Root Hill Farm is 3 miles from Dorking, in Surrey. It's a peaceful spot, with views across to Boxhill on the South Downs.
Accommodation is all in large tents which we provide.
Campers are put in teams and the teams help out with daily duties on a rota basis.
There are two toilet blocks, with hot & cold water, and showers. Meals and meetings are held in a converted barn.
- There are opportunities for lots of activities such as swimming and football. We will also be playing games on the field and in the woods on the farm. We have our own bouncy castle, bouncy slide, trampolines (supervised), basketball, table tennis, etc.
- The cost is £35 for mini-camp & £45 for the main camp, with £10 discount for the 2nd child in a family. The third child has a £20 discount (making a total discount of £30) and the 4th child has a £30 discount (making a total discount of £60). There is an 'early bird' discount of £5 per camper if you book before May.
- The cost includes accommodation, meals & outings, but your child will need to bring spending money if they wish to buy souvenirs (camp mugs are £2), tuck, small torches(50p) or anything else. £5/£10 is plenty for mini/main-camp. (On mini-camp they hand their money into the camp bank for safe keeping)
- The camps are being organised by David and Esther Hollands, in conjunction with Hambro Road Baptist Church, Streatham and the South West District of the Association of Grace Baptist Churches (South East).
2012 Camp Report
We had a fine day for putting up the tents on the Thursday before camp, and were grateful to Wandsworth and Streatham for helping us put up a dozen or more tents.
The weather was mixed throughout camp but the heaviest showers were always when we were indoors.
The 40 campers arrived on Saturday and we swung across the stream on a rope and played games in the woods. The theme for the Bible talks 'Run the Race' bearing in mind it is an Olympic year. Esther talked about 'Jesus the Supreme Champion' On Sunday Brian Maidstone talked about Saul (who became Paul) and how to 'Start the Race' We had a Pine Cone Hunt in the afternoon before Roger talked about Peter and 'Staying in the Race'. On Monday David Wilcox talked about Stephen 'Finishing the Race' and then we went swimming followed by a walk up Box Hill where our KFC lunch was waiting for us. David Wilcox from Epsom rounded off the talks in the evening before the campers went home.
On Wednesday morning 75 campers arrived for the older camp and it just about stayed dry for our stream swinging and tug of war across the stream. Thursday afternoon we went bowling in the pouring rain. But Friday was a better day for going up Boxhill and as well as swimming. The talks, again on the 'Run the Race' theme were led by David Wilcox, Martin Humphrey, Tom Seidler & Roger Lindie, and Saturday was an excellent day for getting all the tents down.
Overall we were thankful to God for looking after us on camp, and for the attentiveness of the campers. We continue to pray for lasting fruit for His glory.
- Staff booking form (rtf version - means can be read by most Word processors, and could be filled in and emailed back)